Friday, July 25, 2008

Little did we know. . .


This picture is from our trip to Slovenia last summer. Why start the story here? Well, while we were busy eating krofs and kebabs, connecting and reconnecting with precious friends, and soaking in the striking beauty of Alpine lakes, the Adriatic coast, and lush green hills of Stajersko, the next member of our new little family was already tagging along. . . we just didn't know it! (Thank goodness, or I would've stressed a bit over the bike trip through the lead mine and the quantity of allergy medicine I was throwing down!) I have a feeling that this little one will be the star of the blog, so I figured this was a good beginning.

Since I threw out the teaser about the breathtaking scenery, here are a couple of pictures that do the place no justice, but might serve as a launchpad for the imagination.

Looking out from Stari Grad, "The Old Castle" in Celje--This gives an idea of how lush and green it is.


Lake Bohinj--We kept commenting to our friends on the turquoise to emerald color of all the water we saw. They were rather perplexed, and asked us what color the rivers and lakes are in America. Not that color!

Vintgar--This gorgeous river flows through a ravine. There is a network of paths and bridges that allows visitors to walk along it.

A church atop every hill--This little church is overlooked by the Alps near the border of Austria. This picture was taken by our friend Matjaz Kos.

No comments: