Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Flood!

So last Monday I decided to do laundry. . . and it was a good thing! I noticed some water leaking into the drain next to the water heater. "No way is our water heater leaking again," I think, "we just replaced it!" Sure enough, it wasn't our water heater. The water was leaking in through the opposite wall of one of the bedrooms-- and apparently had been for a couple of days. The stop & waste valve (which happens to be inconveniently located just a few feet from the house) broke. So we've been busy. And grateful to know some very smart people. After tearing out a couple of feet of drywall, we discovered that the electrical work in those rooms was done very poorly and we are lucky that it was a few inches of water instead of a fire! So. . . moral of the story? Turn off your sprinklers before your home warranty expires. . . or, (more seasonally appropriate) just count your blessings!

No comments: