Tuesday, December 15, 2009
The best Christmas recital ever!
Here's a big shout out to all the awesome students I teach! We had our Christmas recital tonight and enjoyed 18 superb performances! It made me grateful that I get to be a part of these kids' lives and also thankful for the gift of music-- a little piece of heaven on earth! I have to share just a few choice moments with you. One little boy forgot his piece about halfway through. He tried a couple of times and it just wasn't coming. Finally he cried out, "I just can't remember it!" and his sister (who was all the way across the room) yelled, "You just don't do that at a recital!" Everyone was a little uncomfortable at that point, not least of all the little boy! So I quickly ran over and whispered to him to start over and that I knew he could do it. He tenaciously began again and sure enough, he pulled it off without a wrinkle! (There's nothing like a little sisterly encouragement!) So here's to everyone who's brave enough to share their talents, even when they're not perfect yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment