So in an attempt to avoid unnecessary pain during future pregnancies, I had my gallbladder out last week. It's a same-day surgery, and they say recovery should be three weeks. I'm halfway there.
The title of this post is only mostly true-- I got a few days mostly off with tons of help from Jerry and my mom. But three weeks is a long time! And I got a nasty sore throat this week to boot! The bottom line is, I thought motherhood was exhausting when I was well! I have no idea how people do it who are chronically ill! The other reason I shouldn't be complaining is that many wonderful people have offered to watch my kids for me. I came close to calling one of them once this week, but then I remembered when my grandma was sweet enough to take Sarah for an afternoon right after Lily was born and as soon as they left I burst into tears. Plus, Lily's nursing. . . frequently. Our babies need us and we need them, I guess.
Thankfully, I am feeling much better. I'm getting there. But I've decided that as soon as I can, I'm going to start exercising hard core. Having so little energy has made me want the exact opposite, and I know that's how I can feel when I make the time to exercise. So even though mommies don't get days off, hopefully it won't matter as much. ;)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry you've had to deal with all that! That CAN'T be easy with two little ones! I hope you get better quick and that future pregnancies will be a breeze! Hope you and your sweet little family are doing well!
I wish I was there to help you, too. Love you!
Post a Comment